From Earlham Cluster Department
Revision as of 20:09, 15 February 2007 by Fitz
Stuff done while setting up the multi-purpose server, fourty-two.
- Basic FreeBSD 6.1-Release (Needs to be upgraded to 6.2)
- Two users: root (secure password), admin (insecure). Both using Bash.
- Enable both NICs: 188.8.131.52 (0), 192.168.0.42 (1).
- Setup partitions. Need to look into logical partitions. 2T of space still unused.
- /tmp: 500M
- /usr: 5G
- /var: 3G
- /backup: 260G
- Public ssh keys for root users between Quark and Fourty-two.
- Edit /usr/local/etc/rsnapshot.conf. (White space is "tab" not "space." Applies to all of rsnapshot.conf.)
- backup root@quark:/clients quark/
- snapshot_root /backup/
- cmd_ssh /usr/bin/ssh
- #backup /home/ localhost/
- #backup /etc/ localhost/
- #backup /usr/local/ localhost/
- sudo portupgrade -N nagios