From Earlham Cluster Department
- CPU: Intel Pentium-II 350MHz
- Memory: 384MB SDRAM
- One (1) 4GB Seagate ST34520LW (7200RPM)
- Two (2) 50GB Seagate SX150176LC (7200RPM) in RAID-0
- One (1) DDS-4 Certance Python six (6) tape autoloader with 240GB total storage per magazine at 2:1 compression
- NIC: One (1) Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Fast Ethernet adapter (fxp0) and one (1) 3Com 905 Fast Ethernet adapter (xl0)
- IP: 220.127.116.11 (fxp0) and 192.168.0.8 (xl0)
- DNS: backup.cs.earlham.edu
- OS: FreeBSD 5.2.1
backup provides data recovery for the department using its six-tape autoloader. It uses AMANDA to coordinate the use of UNIX dump and restore commands, and to balance data between tapes.
More notes on backup can be found here.
One of backup's drives has its SMART imminent failure flag stuck on. Until a solution can be found, a key must be pressed during boot up to get the SCSI card to finish initialization.