From Earlham Cluster Department
Revision as of 03:39, 2 March 2006 by Tuncday
Possible meeting time: Working M/W/F in the evening for 1 or 2 hours starting the 27th. Toby, Kevin, and I are going to be working this weekend on clustcomp projects and then going to a conference on Feb 22-26.
- php - most of us are familiar. big libraries. web stuff.
- java with tomcat - web stuff. good development environment.
- python - learn a new language.
- perl - most of us are familiar. less good, but good web stuff.
- ruby - learn a new language. there may be other reasons but we don't know what they are because we don't know ruby.
- Caching Location data:
- with memcache (http://www.danga.com/memcached/)
- using a mailing list for now.
- developing new methods as they seem fit (wiki,cvs,bulletin board).
- Group name:
- colin's team.
- group bar
- send us your group name choice to list. we accept write ins. if anyone feels super strong about a name then tell us why.
- submit your leader (self?)nominations.
- We have decided on some of the roles:
- Aybars: Libarian
- Alex & ColinC: Developers
- Tobias: Leader
- Kevin: Architect
- We have roughly agreed on meeting Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- We have discussed which language to use, and decided that we'll decide on that later after we break the project up a little bit more (possibly tomorrow).
- Tomorrow we will discuss the documentation.
- We will look at the lab 2 solutions soon.
- Error checking?
- We worked on breaking this project into smaller pieces.
- For database we are going to use SQL and for the rest of the project, we will probably use Java.