From Earlham Cluster Department
Revision as of 18:14, 15 February 2006 by Tmcnulty
Possible meeting time: Working M/W/F in the evening for 1 or 2 hours starting the 27th. Toby, Kevin, and I are going to be working this weekend on clustcomp projects and then going to a conference on Feb 22-26.
- php - most of us are familiar. big libraries. web stuff.
- java with tomcat - web stuff. good development environment.
- python - learn a new language.
- perl - most of us are familiar. less good, but good web stuff.
- ruby - learn a new language. there may be other reasons but we don't know what they are because we don't know ruby.
- Caching Location data:
- with memcache (http://www.danga.com/memcached/)
- using a mailing list for now.
- developing new methods as they seem fit (wiki,cvs,bulletin board).
- Group name:
- colin's team.
- group bar
- send us your group name choice to list. we accept write ins. if anyone feels super strong about a name then tell us why.
- submit your leader (self?)nominations