From Earlham Cluster Department
Revision as of 16:29, 4 August 2006 by Fitz
- Make sure the user that will be using the database is created (Creating a user)
- Either as the "pgsql" user, or as the user that will be using the db, run createdb
- createdb can be run with no paramenters, in which case a database is created who's name and owner are that of the current user.
- Syntax is: createdb <Options> dbname description
- -D tablespace: Specify default tablespace
- -e: Echos the command that createdb generates
- -E encoding: Specify character encoding to be used
- -O owner: Specify
- -q: Do not desplay a response
- -T template: Specify template database to use
- All this and more can be found by typing man createdb at a prompt.