From Earlham Cluster Department
- 150 word limit.
Includes sections A and B and is limited to 25 pages, single spaced, on 8_Ã¢â‚¬Â by 11Ã¢â‚¬Â paper using at least 12 point font with 1Ã¢â‚¬Âmargins
- Section A, Project Description
- 1. Statement of the work to be undertaken and expected significance.
- 2. Objectives/goals for the proposed work and project timeline keyed to these goals.
- 3. Relation of the objectives to:
- the present state of knowledge in the field
- work in progress by the project personnel under other support
- work in progress at other institutions.
- 4. Concise description of methods and procedures for implementation and experimentation.
- 5. Technical problems that may be encountered and how they will be addressed.
- 6. Roles of all key project personnel Ã¢â‚¬â€œ include an organization chart
- 7. Description of facilities, equipment and resources available for the project.
- 8. Equipment requests should:
- Describe comparable equipment already at the institution and explain why it cannot be used.
- Explain if the new equipment will be available to support other efforts and how time will be allocated on it.
- Describe plans for facility operations and maintenance.
- 9. Plans for this project beyond the proposed time period, including financial support.
- Section B, Evaluation
- Describe how the success of the project will be evaluated in terms of the goals proposed. Include information regarding outside review committees, if appropriate.
Project Budget Form
- Do we have a spreadsheet template to work from?
- Upload spreadsheet to <here>.
- 1. Justify each budget line item
- 2. State the number of students (undergrad/grad/postdoc), research associates or technicians to be supported and number of years of support.
- 3. Explain why W. M. Keck Foundation support is essential for this project.
- 4. List all current and pending federal and non-federal support, including institutional or departmental funding, related to this project.
- 5. If construction or remodeling is involved, provide a copy of the permits required or an explanation of how and when the permits will be acquired.
- budget narrative
Describe the manner in which the institution will recognize and acknowledge a W. M. Keck Foundation grant for this project.
- 1. Biographical sketches (limit 2 pages for each investigator)
- Required for key personnel at the applicant institution and collaborators at other institutions.
- Each sketch should contain name, position title, organization, contact information included e-mail address, degrees, years and field of study for each academic degree, a listing of research and professional positions, awards, and honors, and references to all publications for the past three years along with any earlier publications pertinent to this application.
- 2. Collaborative Arrangements: Provide letters from the collaborators and the director of their institution(s) endorsing this request and the role of each collaborator. Please include contact information including e-mail addresses.
- We should already have all of this in the phase I submittal.
- 3. Bibliography of the literature cited in the project.