From Earlham Cluster Department
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
Revision as of 14:59, 16 August 2006
- 150 word limit.
Maximum of 25 pages conforming to the following requirements:
- 8.5" by 11" paper
- Single spaced with all margins measuring at least 1"
- At least 12 point font in Times New Roman
- No more than 6 lines of type within a vertical space of 1"
Proposals that do not comply with these requirements will not be accepted
Section A, Project Description
* 1. Statement of the work to be undertaken and expected significance.
* 2. Objectives/goals for the proposed work.
* 3. Project timeline keyed to the objectives/goals.
* 4. Relation of the objectives to:
- the present state of knowledge in the field
- work in progress by the project personnel under other support
- work in progress at other institutions
- 5. Concise description of methods and procedures for implementation and experimentation.
** computer science
* 6. Technical problems that may be encountered and how they will be addressed.
* 7. Roles of all key project personnel.
* 8. Organization chart of key project personnel.
* 9. Description of facilities, equipment and resources available for the project.
* 10. Equipment requests should:
- Describe comparable equipment already at the institution and explain why it cannot be used.
- Explain if the new equipment will be available to support other efforts and how time will be allocated on it.
- Describe plans for facility operations and maintenance.
* 11. Plans for this project beyond the proposed time period, including financial support.
* 12. Describe how the success of the project will be evaluated in terms of the goals proposed. Include information regarding outside review committees, if appropriate.
Project Budget Form
- Do we have a spreadsheet template to work from?
- Upload spreadsheet to <here>.
- 1. Provide a brief justification of each budget line item.
- 2. State the number of students (undergrad/grad/postdoc), research associates or technicians to be supported and number of years of support.
- 3. Explain why W. M. Keck Foundation support is essential for this project.
- 4. List all current and pending federal and non-federal support, including institutional or departmental funding, related to this project.
- 5. If construction or remodeling is involved, provide a copy of the permits required or an explanation of how and when the permits will be acquired.
- budget narrative
Describe the manner in which the institution will recognize and acknowledge a W. M. Keck Foundation grant for this project.
- 1. Biographical sketches (limit 2 pages for each investigator)
- Required for key personnel at the applicant institution and collaborators at other institutions.
- Each sketch should contain name, position title, organization, contact information included e-mail address, degrees, years and field of study for each academic degree, a listing of research and professional positions, awards, and honors, and references to all publications for the past three years along with any earlier publications pertinent to this application.
- 2. Collaborative Arrangements: Provide letters from the collaborators and the director of their institution(s) endorsing this request and the role of each collaborator. Please include contact information including e-mail addresses.
- We should already have all of this in the phase I submittal.
- 3. Bibliography of the literature cited in the project.