From Earlham Cluster Department
Revision as of 16:42, 10 July 2006 by Madunnh
Alex / Colin will fill this one...
Configuring Minicom for PMP
~$ sudo minicom
If minicom was correctly installed, you shoud see something like this...
Welcome to minicom 2.00.0
OPTIONS: History Buffer, F-key Macros, Search History Buffer, I18n Compiled on Jan 25 2003, 00:15:18.
Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys
- Press CTRL-A Z to see minicom menu
- Press CTRL-A O for 'configurations'
- Select 'serial port setup' on the menu
- Set A 'serial device' to /dev/ttyS0
- Set E 'Bps/Par/Bits' to 115200 8N1
- Press Esc and 'save setup as dfl'
- Exit minicom
PMP Settings for Output with minicom
- Turn off PMP
- Connect COM2 of PMP to COM1 of linux machine where minicom is installed
- Put on jumpers 2 and 4 on the PMP
- Jumper 2 enables output to COM2 of PMP
- Jumper 4 makes output to be readable with minicom
~$ sudo minicom
- minicom should change from offline to online, if the connection is established
CTRL-A Z for help | 115200 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.00.0 | VT102 | Offline CTRL-A Z for help | 115200 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.00.0 | VT102 | Online
- minicom will also display the PMP's output, which will looke like this...
SYSLINUX 2.11 2004-08-16 Copyright (C) 1994-2004 H. Peter Anvin
"linux" to run Linux with /dev/hda2 as root (default after 5 sec.) "nfs" to run Linux with NFS exported directory on host as root "initrd".to run Linux with an initial RAM disk image as root "dos" to run DOS-ROM (Linux can be run using loadlin.exe) Serial boot: Loading bzimage................Ready. Linux version 2.4.23-2.5-ts (firstname.lastname@example.org) (gcc version 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1)) #1 Tue Jun 13 6 BIOS-provided physical RAM map: BIOS-e820: 0000000000000000 - 000000000009ec00 (usable) BIOS-e820: 000000000009ec00 - 00000000000a0000 (reserved) BIOS-e820: 00000000000e0000 - 0000000000100000 (reserved) BIOS-e820: 0000000000100000 - 0000000002000000 (usable) BIOS-e820: 00000000fff00000 - 0000000100000000 (reserved) 32MB LOWMEM available. On node 0 totalpages: 8192 ....