From Earlham Cluster Department
The Summer 2009 project page: https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:summer2009
The Summer 2008 Party and Todo list is here: http://stewie.cs.earlham.edu/trac.cgi/wiki/TODO
- HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen qt Interface (LittleFe)
- HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen Display (LittleFe)
- HIP:Outback Serial Interface
- Miller Farm Wind Project
- HIP:Temperature Sensors
- YSI 600R Sonde Unit
- YSI 650 Multiparameter Display System
- Display Wall
- TS-7000 Series (TS-Linux)
- eTrex GPS
- Differential GPS
- TS-GSM1 cell modem
- RTPB3-12 Temperature Probe
Documentation for Portable Units
- SONDES AND 650
- YSI 600R sonde unit
- DIFFERENTIAL GPS
- For zoey, see inventory for list of items in the kit
- Also see inventory for TIC and see manuals for directions on how to use it
May 11, 2009
- Created Project Page for Summer 2009
January 19, 2009
- Our meeting time is on every Friday from 12:10 to 1 pm (with lunch).
- Projects working on:
- traffic cam
- water monitoring
- short term weather forecasting (potentially)
January 30, 2006
Colin, Alex, Tom, Jeff, Bryan, Maduna, Alan, Charlie
- Laid-out the architecture of the quark-pmp-wind components and the interfaces.
- Look at the TS-5600 library interface for reading ports rather than /dev/...
- Put together a circuit based on a voltage regulator supplied by the board power port.
Organization Meeting - January 11, 2006
Alex, Bryan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Jeff, Charlie
- Regular meetings this semester will be on Monday at 12p in the Dennis 4th lab.
- Wind speed and direction - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment (Colin, Jeff, Alex, Bryan)
- GPS - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment/ntpd/clients (Alex, Jeff)
- Rain gauge - data aquistion/data transfer/visualization (Tom, Maduna)
- Solar radiation - data aquistion/data transfer (Colin, Maduna)
Last updated 2006-02-05
- Fix wind chill calculation, use new formula
- Figure-out watchdog timer on PMP
- Backup on PMP - just needs to be put in cron (Tom)
- Wind data for this area (Mary)
- Problems with direction - determine input voltage and calibrate to that (Alex and Colin)
- Stable voltage needed, e.g. when WiFi card is removed voltage fluctuates. Measure at start and end, if equal than ok.
- Porting wind speed and direction software and setup to pmp, made some progress (Mary, Alex, Colin)
- Speed working now, using sigalarm(), need a resistor? DIO for power.
- Direction isn't working yet.
- Next week on roof?
- Two weeks in field?
- Sleep and wake on pmp1 with watchdog timer (Mary)
- Weather Cam is working again, cluster camera to be setup in D209.
- RP&L Weather data, contact Gus Duke. Indiana American Water has a link which she sent. (Mary, Charlie)
- Rain guage, Mary has worked on it but it's not working. (Mary, Charlie)
- Solar radiation sensor, continues to make progress, conversion and data comparison (Colin)
- How to set angle/calibration.
- GPS setup with time server (Tom)
Useful Support Documents from Davis Instruments:
Other local data that can easily be harvested: Farmland
- Technologic Systems TS56000 single board computer running Linux off a SANDisk.
- URL for the board and documentation
- To Do
- Port threaded anemometer code, change code to use local analog/digital inputs
- Setup NFS mounting of / on the pmp from proto
- Test analog and digital inputs
- Setup and test WiFi interface
- Test and document backup and recovery procedure
- Identify and recover missing files from SANDisk
- Design and implement data collection, sleep, and data transfer functions
- The Wind direction sends an analogue number.
- The wind speed is the number of pulses per 2.25 second interval. The number of pulses is the windspeed in MPH.
- We are using a Digi PortServer TS 2, SN=V40611264
- URL of the documentation
- Rain guage:
- Sends a pulse every time the cup switches.
To Do For winter 09
- Work on the water monitoring devices
- Work on the weather
- Work on wind
- should we wash the sonds?
- Do we have some of the sond "condoms"?
- Are we going to have Zoey monitoring
the weather or we we are gonna find another machine, or we are going to work on trying to find a linux compatible software??
- What is happening with the packages we prepared last summer??
To Do For Start of Semester '10
- install Weather Display for Linux Console (no X Windows) on proto
- Do documantation for the packages and find the TIC (Ben Johnson and Gab in Physics)
- Fiddle with sondes and infobomb and see if you can get something out of it.
- Find source code for consolewd
- ask DPalin to if he can send a copy of his config.txt, and if he has the source code.
- Do the documetation.