HIP

From Earlham Cluster Department

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(February 13, 2006)
 
(15 intermediate revisions not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
-
The Summer 2009 project page: https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:summer2009
+
The HIP wiki has been consolidated here: http://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP
-
 
+
-
The Summer 2008 Party and Todo list is here: http://stewie.cs.earlham.edu/trac.cgi/wiki/TODO
+
-
 
+
-
== Fall 2012 ==
+
-
* Notes from the 2 February 2012 meeting:
+
-
** Blower door training was done for 3 groups, nice work gang.
+
-
** Darken the axis labels on the energy display (Gustavo, Tristan)
+
-
** Develop a small weather display, integrate into energy display, send to Content folks (Gustavo, Tristan)
+
-
** Prepare for electrical consumption data from multiple buildings (Gustavo, Tristan)
+
-
** Re-consider the locations and types of screens to use for the eDisplays, next lunch meeting (All)
+
-
*** Screen savers on all the ECS lab machines (Ben to speak with Tom Steffes)
+
-
*** Lilly Library
+
-
*** Earlham Hall
+
-
*** Carpenter
+
-
*** Runyon
+
-
*** Consider iPads for Admissions and the President's office lounge area
+
-
*** For larger units consider an automagic rotating display rather than a remote control
+
-
** Degree day calculations based on Dick Smith's email (Corey)
+
-
** Weather data to Postgres (Ivan, Sotheary
+
-
** Solar array power production to Postgres (Tristan, Sotheary)
+
-
** SEPAM addressing (Ivan, Mikel, Ben)
+
-
** Button-up solar array wiring (Ben, Alex)
+
-
** Weather station installation fixup (Ivan, Sotheary, Corey)
+
-
 
+
-
== Fall 2011 ==
+
-
 
+
-
* Fix network port for DELL (CP) - Sunday
+
-
* Move weather data to postgress (IB) - Working on transfer script and writing directly to postgres, filter bogus data in a view
+
-
* Finish wiring on solar (TW, BS) - Waiting on wall clips, Ben to send Charlie the size
+
-
* Finish EDisplay (S, G) - Checking comment script, add weather, add more buildings when data is available
+
-
* Mount EDisplays (ALL) - Networking on Sunday
+
-
* Figure out best high visibility project (ALL) - Ben working on boiler spec and setting-up a Friday lunch meeting with Portland company.
+
-
* Figure out SEPAM addressing (BS, CP) - Maintenance is hiring a Scheinder Electric person who will do this while on-campus
+
-
* Engineer individual building monitors (BS) - Considering a Square D unit since we work with a lot of that gear already.
+
-
* Information sign (TW, IB)
+
-
* Degree day calculations (Corey)
+
-
* Occupancy normalization - (All) Consider number of person hours per building per day.
+
-
 
+
-
== Projects ==
+
-
 
+
-
* [[HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen qt Interface]] (LittleFe)
+
-
* [[HIP:LittleFe Touchscreen Display]] (LittleFe)
+
-
* [[HIP:Outback Serial Interface]]
+
-
* [[miller-wind-design|Miller Farm Wind Project]]
+
-
* [[HIP:PMP]]
+
-
* [[HIP:Temperature Sensors]]
+
-
* [[HIP:TS7400|TS7400]]
+
-
* [[HIP::Keck]]
+
-
* [[HIP:YSI-600R|YSI 600R Sonde Unit]]
+
-
* [[HIP:YSI-650MDS|YSI 650 Multiparameter Display System]]
+
-
* [[HIP:displayWall|Display Wall]]
+
-
* [[HIP:a2d-pci|PCI-AI12-16]]
+
-
* [[HIP:TS-7000|TS-7000 Series (TS-Linux)]]
+
-
* [[HIP:eTrexGPS|eTrex GPS]]
+
-
* [[HIP:differential-gps|Differential GPS]]
+
-
* [[HIP:TS-GSM1|TS-GSM1 cell modem]]
+
-
* [[HIP:TempProbe|RTPB3-12 Temperature Probe]]
+
-
* [[HIP:PosterSession|PosterSession]]
+
-
 
+
-
'''Documentation for Portable Units'''<br>
+
-
*[https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:YSI-650MDS SONDES AND 650] <br>
+
-
*[https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:YSI-600R  YSI 600R sonde unit] <br>
+
-
*[https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:differential-gps DIFFERENTIAL GPS] <br>
+
-
*[https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP:Inventory INVENTORY] <br>
+
-
*For zoey, see inventory for list of items in the kit
+
-
*Also see inventory for TIC and see manuals for directions on how to use it
+
-
 
+
-
==May 11, 2009==
+
-
*Created [[HIP:summer2009| Project Page for Summer 2009]]
+
-
 
+
-
==January 19, 2009==
+
-
*Our meeting time is on every Friday from 12:10 to 1 pm (with lunch).
+
-
*Projects working on:
+
-
**[https://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/TrafficCam traffic cam]
+
-
**water monitoring
+
-
**short term weather forecasting (potentially)
+
-
 
+
-
==February 6, 2006==
+
-
Tom, Colin, Alex, Maduna, Jeff, Bryan, Alan, Charlie
+
-
* Do we have a calibration/accuracy problem WRT wind direction? Rest of the stuff listed below  (Colin, Alex, Bryan)
+
-
* GPS (Alex and Jeff)
+
-
* Watchdog timer (Jeff)
+
-
* Rain gauge, try plugging into the interface and testing (Maduna, Tom)
+
-
 
+
-
==January 30, 2006==
+
-
Colin, Alex, Tom, Jeff, Bryan, Maduna, Alan, Charlie
+
-
*Laid-out the architecture of the quark-pmp-wind components and the interfaces. 
+
-
*Look at the TS-5600 library interface for reading ports rather than /dev/...
+
-
*Put together a circuit based on a voltage regulator supplied by the board power port.
+
-
 
+
-
==Organization Meeting - January 11, 2006==
+
-
Alex, Bryan, Colin, Tom, Maduna, Jeff, Charlie
+
-
* Regular meetings this semester will be on Monday at 12p in the Dennis 4th lab.
+
-
* Wind speed and direction - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment (Colin, Jeff, Alex, Bryan)
+
-
* GPS - data aquisition/data transfer/packaging/deployment/ntpd/clients (Alex, Jeff)
+
-
* Rain gauge - data aquistion/data transfer/visualization (Tom, Maduna)
+
-
* Solar radiation - data aquistion/data transfer (Colin, Maduna)
+
-
 
+
-
==To Do==
+
-
Last updated 2006-02-05
+
-
* Fix wind chill calculation, use new formula
+
-
* Figure-out watchdog timer on PMP
+
-
* Backup on PMP - just needs to be put in cron (Tom)
+
-
* Wind data for this area (Mary)
+
-
* Problems with direction - determine input voltage and calibrate to that (Alex and Colin)
+
-
** Stable voltage needed, e.g. when WiFi card is removed voltage fluctuates.  Measure at start and end, if equal than ok. 
+
-
* Porting wind speed and direction software and setup to pmp, made some progress (Mary, Alex, Colin)
+
-
** Speed working now, using sigalarm(), need a resistor?  DIO for power.
+
-
** Direction isn't working yet.
+
-
** Next week on roof?
+
-
** Two weeks in field?
+
-
* Sleep and wake on pmp1 with watchdog timer (Mary)
+
-
* Weather Cam is working again, cluster camera to be setup in D209.
+
-
* RP&L Weather data, contact Gus Duke.  Indiana American Water has a link which she sent. (Mary, Charlie)
+
-
* Rain guage, Mary has worked on it but it's not working.  (Mary, Charlie)
+
-
* Solar radiation sensor, continues to make progress, conversion and data comparison (Colin)
+
-
** How to set angle/calibration.
+
-
* GPS setup with time server (Tom)
+
-
 
+
-
Useful Support Documents from Davis Instruments:
+
-
* http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/support_docs.asp?dtype=2
+
-
 
+
-
Other local data that can easily be harvested:  Farmland
+
-
* http://shadow.agry.purdue.edu/cgi-bin/map_patrol/images/cd_zen.map?162,104
+
-
 
+
-
Hardware:
+
-
 
+
-
*PMP
+
-
** Technologic Systems TS56000 single board computer running Linux off a SANDisk.
+
-
** URL for the board and documentation
+
-
** To Do
+
-
*** Port threaded anemometer code, change code to use local analog/digital inputs
+
-
*** Setup NFS mounting of / on the pmp from proto
+
-
*** Test analog and digital inputs
+
-
*** Setup and test WiFi interface
+
-
*** Test and document backup and recovery procedure
+
-
*** Identify and recover missing files from SANDisk
+
-
*** Design and implement data collection, sleep, and data transfer functions
+
-
 
+
-
*Anemometer
+
-
** The Wind direction sends an analogue number. 
+
-
** The wind speed is the number of pulses per 2.25 second interval.  The number of pulses is the windspeed in MPH.
+
-
 
+
-
*We are using a [[Digi PortServer TS 2]], SN=V40611264
+
-
** URL of the documentation
+
-
 
+
-
*Rain guage:
+
-
** Sends a pulse every time the cup switches.
+
-
 
+
-
== To Do for 10/09 ==
+
-
*List of things to talk about
+
-
**wind
+
-
**weather station
+
-
**water sonds
+
-
**Denis wind
+
-
*List of things to do
+
-
**dinner at miller farm  on Sunday night
+
-
**move wind gen to miller farm on sunday
+
-
**move weather station
+
-
**debug Django(Charlie)
+
-
 
+
-
== To Do For winter 09 ==
+
-
**Work on the water monitoring  devices
+
-
**Work on the weather
+
-
**Work on wind
+
-
 
+
-
'''Questions'''
+
-
**should we wash the sonds?
+
-
**Do we have some of the sond "condoms"?
+
-
**Are we going to have Zoey monitoring
+
-
the weather or we we are gonna find another
+
-
machine, or we are going to work on trying
+
-
to find a linux compatible
+
-
software??
+
-
**What is happening with the packages we prepared last summer??
+
-
 
+
-
== To Do For Start of Semester  '10==
+
-
**install Weather Display for Linux Console (no X Windows)  on proto
+
-
**Do documantation for the packages and find the TIC (Ben Johnson and Gab in Physics)
+
-
**Fiddle with sondes and infobomb and see if you can get something out of it.
+
-
**Find source code for consolewd
+
-
**ask DPalin to if he can send a copy of his config.txt, and if he has the source code.
+
-
**Do the documetation.
+
-
==To  Do For Summer '10==
+
-
* There is also a shared Google Doc (umm-Active?) that has this
+
-
**GPS + Proto? (maybe not) + stewie
+
-
**Portable kits
+
-
** Solar panel power production to database via infobomb
+
-
**Infobomb
+
-
**Weather
+
-
**Wind Generation
+
-
'''QUESTIONS'''
+
-
 
+
-
*What's happening with the weather station-can we visualize
+
-
<s>
+
-
*What can we do with the GPS on top of Dennis
+
-
</s>
+
-
*Whom are we supposed to talk to about the portable kits
+
-
<s>
+
-
*how, and where can I find documentation for the GPS?
+
-
*Can we get a windows OS for Zoey?
+
-
</s>
+
-
 
+
-
== Spring, 2011 ==
+
-
5 February Telecon
+
-
* Touchscreen display
+
-
* GVStreamer setup
+
-
* PM8 monitoring
+
-
*Clean forth floor (Dennis and London ;))
+

Latest revision as of 17:15, 14 October 2012

The HIP wiki has been consolidated here: http://wiki.cs.earlham.edu/index.php/HIP

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
websites
wiki
this semester
Toolbox