From Earlham Cluster Department
(→Summer of Fun (2009): Area now works on the ACLs)
(→Summer of Fun (2009): Gal's MPI works on Charlie's machine)
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
Revision as of 17:43, 17 June 2009
Summer of Fun (2009)
What works so far?
|area under curve||GalaxSee|
Implementations of area under the curve
- OpenMP (shared)
- MPI (message passing)
- MPI (hybrid mp and shared)
- OpenMP + MPI (hybrid)
- Good piece of code, serves as teaching example for n-body problems in petascale.
- Dials, knobs, etc. in place to easily control how work is distributed when running in parallel.
- Architecture generally supports hybrid model running on large-scale constellations.
- Produces runtime data that enables nice comparisons across multiple resources (scaling, speedup, efficiency).
- Render in BCCD, metaverse, and /dev/null environments.
- Serial version
- Improve performance on math?
GalaxSee - scale to petascale with MPI and OpenMP hybrid.
- GalaxSee - render in-world and steer from in-world.
- Area under a curve - serial, MPI, and OpenMP implementations.
- OpenMPI - testing, performance.
- Start May 11th
- Touch screen interface
- Subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work on two poster abstracts
- Work on team essay
Notes from May 21, 2009 Review
- Combined Makefiles with defines to build on a particular platform
- Write a driver script for GalaxSee ala the area under the curve script, consider combining
- date, program_name, program_version, style, command line, compute_resource, NP, wall_time
- Document the process from start to finish
- Consider how we might iterate over e.g. number of stars, number of segments, etc.
- Command line option to stat.pl that provides a Torque wrapper for the scripts.
- Lint all code, consistent formatting
- Install latest and greatest Intel compiler in /cluster/bobsced
(Old) To Do
- v1.1 release - upgrade procedures
- Energy and Weather
- Dave's math modules
- Standard format, templates, how-to for V and V
- Explore machines from first Intel donation (notes and pictures)
- Build 4 SCED units
- Masa's GROMACS interface on Cairo
- gridgate configuration, Open Science Grid peering
- Scott's homework (see the message)
- 2005-11-30 Meeting
- 2006-12-12 Meeting
- 2006-02-02 Meeting
- 2006-03-16 Meeting
- 2006-04-06 Meeting
- Node usage
- Numbers for Netgear switches
- Latex Poster Creation
- Bugzilla Etiquette
Items Particular to a Specific Cluster
Possible Future Projects
- TeraGrid '06 (Indianapolis, June 12-15, 2006)