From Earlham Cluster Department
- Things to do:
- Check that we have addressed all of the feedback (negative and positive) we received from Keck on our last proposal.
- Tighten-up and possibly expand the list of threads.
- For this round we're ok with the pesticide and metals, when Amy gets back we should work on the biomolecule entry. Continue looking for other threads particularly with Fonsie.
- Should we just remove the biomolecules entry? It seems to be generating less interest, will involve fewer departments, and might just confuse the issue. Would it be better/easier to just have Doug talk to Keck about two more well-defined projects?
- Complete "Selling points" section, match-up items with Keck's criteria.
- Fonsie's work:
- Condensded matter physics - groups of atoms in regular arrays and the phenonema associated with that. Nanotechnology, thin films, carbon nanotubes?, 100 NM line width lithography, vaccum systems associated with growing thin films, electron transport and temperature, materials in the read/write head and disk coating, i.e. spintronics the replacement for GMR. Not much interdisciplinary stuff, measured the dielectric of polymers, photolithography.
- Back to Keck Foundation Proposal