From Earlham Cluster Department
The pmp1 has 2 main scripts that handle wind data. All pmp1 scripts are located in "/root/scripts/"
- The first script is "log.pl"
- This script collects speed1, speed2, direction1, direction2 and box_temperature.
- It then records them in files in "/root/logs/".
- The script is run buy cron every 15 minutes and it also records a state value.
- When the state value is 4, the script wakes up the network, resets the state value to 0, and executes the second main script.
- The second script is "dbi.pl"
- This script simply sends all the data from the files in "/root/logs" to a database called "pmp1" on quark.
- To prevent "log.pl" from disabling the network through cron, execute the script
"/root/kill_jobs.sh" and don't forget to execute "/root/restore_jobs.sh" after you are done.
- The network will still get disabled whenever the "log.pl" runs. To avoid this, comment out all lines with:
temporarily rename "/root/scripts/net_disconnect.sh"
Database on Quark
- To access the database, you have to log to quark and execute:
nerd@quark$ psql -U weather
nerd@quark$ psql -U hip
- The password is the "default" hip/weather.
- To view the wind data, execute:
weather=# select * from pmp1 order by id desc;
- This will list the wind data beginning with the latest entries.