From Earlham Cluster Department
Project goals: To create a report on the feasibility of installing several utility scale wind turbines on Earlham's back campus
- Due to Doug Bennett after spring break
- To include answers to the questions:
- How much wind do we have?
- What hardware should we install?
- What zoning requirements would utility scale wind turbines need?
- What would we do with the power generated?
- What are the benefits of having wind energy on campus?
Wind data Google Earth mashup
- Purpose: to overlay the wind data we have on a map to get an idea of why there is such wide local variation
- Thus far:
- Import RP&L data into PostgresSQL
- Generate a spreadsheet that has windspeed frequencies divided by direction
- Use the R package Climatol to generate windroses