Creating and Graphing Result Sets
From Earlham Cluster Department
How to create and graph results sets
This tutorial assumes that you already have created a set of data in a results table that is suitable for graphing.
- Use the create-rs.pl to create a result set.
- The script will display a list of of tables. Choose the table you wish to graph from the list. If you have more than one test set label in the chosen table, you will be prompted to enter an existing test set label. If there is only one test set label in the table, it will be automatically chosen. Lastly, you will be given a list of existing result set descriptions. You are then prompted for a unique result set description (one not appearing in the list). The number of rows added to your result set will then be displayed.
- Use the rs-speedup.pl script to perfom the speedup and
- A list of result sets will be displayed. Enter one from the list when prompted. The script will display how many speedup and efficiency values were updated.
- Use the Data Visualization Tool (DVT) to separate the data to be
- Select the table that holds the desired results. Enter the molecule, cluster, and test set label of the graph you wish to create. Submit the information and rows that match your query will be presented in table form below.
- Press one of the graph buttons to display a graph of the
- The labels on the graph buttons describe the function of the graph. If the graphing fails, you may need to refine your data set.