From Earlham Cluster Department
- Physically meet
- Two or more people can have a meeting. Just have everyone who needs to be in on "it" show up at the meeting.
- Allows (roughly) two people to communicate. Just need to pay a lot for stamps, wait a couple of days for the letters to travel.
- Akin to letters, but a heck of a lot faster and cheaper. It's also easier to keep multiple people in the loop. (What's the latest thread?)
- Allows two to communicate over long distances. Teleconference phone calls allow more than two people to communicate. Expensive. People still have to actually (virtually) be at the meeting.
- Allow anyone in a given group to edit pages on the wiki. When I'm asleep, Alexa in Taiwan can put something up, and then I can read it later. Cheap, instant. "Always up to date." Separates discussion from "solved".
- What's missing?
- There is at least one item missing from this list. What is it?
I'll motivate wikis in a minute, but first let's see how to do them.