From Earlham Cluster Department
This is the procedure for restoring files from amanda to quark.
- On quark, su over to root.
- cd into the root of the filesystem you want to restore (e.g. /clients if the file is on /clients).
- Run the command amrecover -C CSDaily -s backup -t backup. The amrecover command has a syntax similar to the standard UNIX restore command.
- Find the file(s) or directories you want to recover and add them with the add command.
- When you're done, type in the command extract. You will be prompted to load a magazine and tape. To load a tape once the proper magazine is inserted, use the amtape CSDaily slot n command on backup, where n is the number of the tape.
- Hit y once the tape and magazine are loaded.